Nu Chapter Awards
- 2021 IEEE-HKN Key Chapter
- 2021: ISU Engineers’ Week Most Creative Virtual Event Award
- 2019-2020 Outstanding Chapter Award
- 2016-2017: Outstanding Chapter Award
- 2017: Outstanding K-12 Outreach Award
- 2015-2016: Outstanding Chapter Award
- 2014-2015: Outstanding Chapter Award
- 2012-2013: Outstanding Chapter Award
- 2011-2012: Outstanding Chapter Award
- 2010-2011: Outstanding Chapter Award
- 2009-2010: Outstanding Chapter Award
In addition to membership, IEEE-HKN offers several award which encourage and give recognition to high scholarship and other significant achievements.
- The Outstanding Young Electrical Engineer has been awarded to many now famous people. An award dinner is held in the recipient’s honor either in New York or Philadelphia. The recipient’s name is engraved on a large Award Bowl that is kept on display at IEEE Headquarters in New York, and is presented a smaller version of the bowl.
- The Outstanding Professor Award is given in recognition to an outstanding young electrical engineering professor. An award dinner is held at the recipient’s university.
- Eminent Membership is awarded to distinguished people in the electrical engineering profession. As world renowned as these people are they all considered it a unique privilege to be so specially honored by Eta Kappa Nu.
- Outstanding Chapter is awarded to undergraduate chapters which have enhanced the prestige of electrical engineering through their campus and other activities. A silver plaque is awarded to the chapter presenting the best record of scholarship and activities